11/30/2015

11.30.2015

Hola Familia!

Well it seems like you guys have had a great week up there in the states! I forgot that Thanksgiving was this past Thursday! Hahahaha! We were busy teaching and enjoying ourselves in the work of the Lord! I can definitely say that I wish I could have eaten Pawpaw's famous breakfast! I guess that will just have to wait for another time! That day we ate normal peruvian food! Chicken, Rice, and Potatoes!  Here in Peru, Christmas day the people eat Turkey, so I'll eat that this Christmas! I think its crazy that Christmas is already here, time goes by really, really fast....! 

 We've been working with an inactive family for about 4 months now. Finally they're starting to go back to church. They've all had interviews with the Bishop and the Bishop authorized that the Dad could baptize his daughter! She didn't get baptized when she was 8 years old, so we were in charge of her baptism. It was super awesome! The baptism really helped the family to want to continue to go to church! The Lord has really poured out his spirit on this family! They're starting to feel the Lord in their lives again and are keeping the commandment of the Lord. I took photos and the internet today is really slow, so you guys are just gonna have it wait to see the family! They're awesome!

So I would like to share some scriptures and how they can apply to us in our lives, They're found in the Book of John 15: 9-14. Here the Lord teaches us many things that can really help us to be more like Him. 

As the Father hath loved me, so have loved you: continue ye in my love. (Here the Lord Commands us to stay in his love)
 10 If ye keep my commandmentsye shall abide in my loveeven as have kept my Father’commandments, and abide in his love. (Here the Lord teaches us how we can stay in his love, How? By Keeping his Commandments.)
 11 These things have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (The Lord has said these things so we know how we can have Joy in this mortal life, He teaches that if we stay in his love, by keeping his commandments, we will have Joy in this life.)
 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as have loved you. (The Lord commands us to Love one another)
 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that man lay down his life for his friends.
 14 Ye are my friendsif ye dwhatsoever command you. ( In verses 13 and 14 the Lord teaches that he had such perfect love for his friends, that he gave his life for his friends, We can be his friends is we do whatever he commands us. So then, What did he tell us to do in the verses that we have already read? He told us to Stay in his love, Which we do by keeping his commandments, and to love one another. If we do these things, we will be his friends and will feel the love of Christ in our lives)


I have pondered these scriptures while here on the mission. They really teach that unless we keep the commandments of God, we can not be saved in his Kingdom, and that if we don't keep them, the Lord has commanded us to repent! (Alma 9:12) I invite all of you to repent of the wrong things that you have done in your life and to give it your all to be more like Christ. I promise that if you do so, you will feel the pure love of the Savior in your life, and a feeling of peace that only the Savior can give us! I testify that these things are true, for I have experienced it here on the mission, the pure love of the Savior, and desire that all might experience it.

Love you guys a lot!

-Elder Wilson
Alma 9:12
"Behold, now say unto you that he commandeth you to repentand except ye repent, ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. But behold, this is not all—he has commanded you to repent, or he will utterly destroy you from off the face of the earth; yea, he will visit you in his angerand in his fierce anger he will not turn away"

No comments:

Post a Comment