11/2/2015

11.03.2015




Hola Familia!

 This week has been quite busy and it sounds like you guys have had quite a fun and busy week up there in Alabama! Here in Peru, some families celebrate halloween, but most of the people think that halloween is Evil and of Satan. For example, the night before halloween an entire church went through the streets chanting, "Si a Cristo, no a Halloween" Yes to Jesus and No to Halloween. It was pretty funny and I'll probably never forget it.

So yesterday we had 3 baptisms! It was great! I took photos and I'll upload them next Monday because the computer I'm using is Windows XP. It was great and everyone was smiling and the spirit was extremely strong in the baptismal service. The family invited us over to eat lunch and Dinner. Peruvian food is really good! I'm just about convinced that it's better than American food.... hahaha!

 As of right now, we have 3 people who are progressing towards a baptismal date. Two are going to be baptized this month and the other needs to get married. So we might have a wedding around Christmas time! How cool would that be!  It's definitely starting to get close to Christmas here. At Christmas time people like to eat a special kind of bread called Panettone. Its really sweet and each one has about 3400 calories. So I might gain a little bit of weight again. When I got here i weighed 90 kilos now im 82.... hahahahaha! I don't weigh anything anymore.

Well I hope that you guys have a great week! Please know that I love you guys! The mission is awesome and it makes me sad that it's starting to end. I don't like that very much. People tell me sometimes that I don't have very much longer. I don't look at it that way, but i guess that's just how the mission is.


Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment