2/29/2016

2.29.2016

Hola Familia,

Happy Leap day! It seems like you guys have had quite a great week. I saw the pictures that you guys put up on dropbox. It seems like Lily and Clara had quite a fun time at the winter festival. Here in Peru it's summer and it's really hot and humid outside. That's so awesome that Maddie is gonna come out with me to BYU-I! It's gonna be super awesome! Meeting new people and making new friends is a great experience as well, helps you grow a lot as a person. It's awesome!! Mom Please don't put me for early morning classes. If they could start at 9 in the morning that would be wonderful. I've already tried doing it before, and well it didn't work to well. So.... I already know what's going to happen if I do it again! hahahaha!

Down here in Lima Peru, the work of the Lord is progressing. This past week we had 3 baptisms in the zone. So we're going to end this month with 16 baptisms! We're extremely grateful for what the Lord has helped us to achieve and were extremely excited to work even harder to baptize even more people in March. In March we already have 4 people that are going to get baptized, and we have a lot of potential for this coming month. Elder Brown and I are going to work extremely hard to set a good goal and achieve it. It's going to be super cool. Being a Zone leader is a ton of work! We never have nothing to do, EVER. If there's nothing going on in our area, there's always something to do in another area. It's really cool because you get to meet all the people that the other missionaries are teaching. I've met lots of cool people and interviewed lots of cool people. I'm really enjoying it.

In our area we're still teaching the older man and his son. It's going well. He has a small problem with drinking and were trying to help him fully repent of that sin. He has really stopped drinking a lot. Basically he's gone from being a drunk in the street everyday to a guy who drinks just a bottle on Sunday... I know Sunday. In Peru Sunday is basically the day where EVERYONE gets drunk. We're really starting to see the Lord work within him. Please pray for him! He's getting close to being baptized. He just needs to stop drinking so much and he'll be good to go!

I love you guys!
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment