March 9, 2015

3.09.2015

Hola Familia! 

So the past week has been awesome! We had a baptism 2 weeks ago. I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to post pictures sometime this week. MAYBE haha! The zone had a "Noche Blanca", a white night, slang for when we baptize lots of people in the zone. We baptized one and the zone baptized 7. It was amazing!

 This month we have 3 familias that are going to get married and baptized. They're all doing fine and are excited for what is going to happen in their lives. Please pray and fast for them so that they can be in the path that the Lord wants them to be in.

The work here has been progressing really well. The stake president lives in our area, and we pay his wife to make us dinner every night.  Every night we usually will talk with him about how the work is progressing in the Stake. He's an awesome stake president,he's very direct and tells people how it is, not what they want to hear. In Spanish we have a Word for him,it is the Torch! He lights a fire under everyone.  hahaha! He is so powerful.  He has set a goal for the stake to baptize 153 people. I had to talk in sacrament meeting for about 10min about that. It was awesome! 

Here in Peru alcohol is a huge problem. On Sunday almost every single family is outside in the street drinking. I have seen horrible things happen that have come from alcohol. It saddens me to see that Chase has had to go through this. I will be praying from him so that he can have a speedy recovery and that he can leave the alcohol behind in his life. The missionaries NEED to talk to him.

 I didnt know that the mission had a facebook page! Haha! How awesome is that. Here facebook is relatively new, everyone has one, but they have to leave their house and go to an internet cafe to use it. 

Don't worry about me mom. I have the Lord's promise that he's going to protect me. I am not sick or anything.

Oh in the package it would be awesome if you could send me 2 new white shirts. That would be great. Also lots of candies and stuff. Thanks mom! You're the best!

I love you all and pray for you guys everyday! You guys have to give the missionaries references. 

-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment