Week 6- Elder Wilson's last letter from the Mexico CCM!

9.20.2014






Hola Madre! Are you surprised to hear from me today? Since I leave for Peru Monday, I wont get my usual P-day(preparation day) so I am sending this today. Thanks for the info! Ill try my best to get it to 50lbs each!  I bought some nicer Spanish scriptures and an amazing case for them.  I'm so excited to get to Peru. I've been talking to a lot of the natives here, some are from Peru, and they have only said it's awesome! I can't wait. I put a few more pictures up, they're of 2 of my teachers. Ill have more maybe when I arrive in Peru. This last week has been very amazing and kinda sad. It will be hard to leave my district that I have been with for 6 weeks.

 We gave our investigators one last lesson this week. My companion and I taught a REAL investigator on Wednesday. The lesson went extremely well. I know the spirit was using me to tell her what she needed to hear. It was excellent, and she said our Spanish was great! She will be attending church with one of our Teachers this Sunday. So awesome! I hope only good things follow.

Okay so Hermana Dearden is here! She's doing great! She's been teaching her First investigator and she did really well today! At dinner she told me all about it. She's gonna do wonderful. Her companion seems nice, so that's great! We'll take a picture before I leave this great place! I've been trying to help the new district in our zone as much as possible. Which is always fun.  I asked my teacher for some pass along cards and some Libro de Mormons so I hope to teach a lesson on the plane! Through small and simple things, great things are brought to pass! I hope you guys have a wonderful Sunday! Some words of advice. The Gospel is for Everyone. Give referals to the missionaries! The Prophet has said that now is the time for members and missionaries to work together! Anyone you can think of, give the missionaries a referal! You never know what the Lord has done to prepare people to hear the Gospel! One of my goals is to have a Baptism within 2 months of being in the Mission! So get yourselves ready for that awesome moment!

So our new district has about 6 Missionaries going to the Birmingham, Alabama mission. I'm trying to help them with how the culture is and how everything will be. Maybe you'll meet them! Oh a few of my friends from BYUI showed up this last Wednesday which is great! Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I hope everything is still stable in the world. I have no idea at the moment. Other than I've heard a few things about the ISIS. We should teach them the gospel. Oh, and Ebola is getting worse???

I've been reading in Matthew and I'll finish tonight in my scripture study before bed. The life of Christ is fantastic. His parables are great, and the miracles he performed are amazing. I hope I get to experience something like this during my mission. I thought it might be worth mentioning that in these 6 weeks I have learned more Spanish than a lot of people do in 4 classes of High School. Crazy right? Nope it's the spirit. Ha! Anyway I hope everything is good!

Love and miss you all!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment