Week 4!

9.09.2014




Hello Family and Friends,

So this past week has been quite a good one! I didn't go to the temple today, however, I will next week for sure. I have received the package, some dear elder letters, and Clara's letter! Tell her I said thank you! So during the Past week we gained a new investigator, his name is Alejandro. He is a menos activo, or less active member, who has problems with the Word of Wisdom, but he wants to change.  My companion and I have really done good work with teaching our investigators. One is committed to baptism and our less active is going to try to obey the Word of Wisdom, pray, read the scriptures, and attend Church on Sunday. I'm able to speak the language pretty well now, so I'm able to better express the feelings I want them to feel during our lessons.  I talked in Spanish for 5 minutes straight this last lesson because our investigator didn't believe that God loved him and I bore testimony in Spanish that he did. After that I asked him to be baptized and he said yes.  Last Wednesday we have something called TRC. This is where we teach REAL investigators and not "fake"(our teachers pretending) ones.(However the fake ones do a very good job at acting like real investigators) So this last TRC I taught a guy who  is 24 years old and his brother just joined the church and he wants to learn more about it. We taught him the first lesson and it went pretty well. I understood about 60-70% of what he said.  He said that he definitely wants to know more about families and the Book of Mormon. I will probably never meet him again but it was an AMAZING experience! It made me want to get to Peru so badly!On Sunday I bore my testimony in Spanish for about 3-4 min. My branch president complemented me on my Spanish and testimony. So hey, maybe I actually am decent at speaking in the language. Overall this week has been great, and I can't wait to get to Peru!

Now for all the other stuff I need to tell you. I need a few more things for you to send with Heather! I need shoe laces! Brown and black! My shoe laces on my Brown dress shoes broke, and my tennis shoes shoelaces are falling apart so send a bunch! If it's possible another pair of shoes, (My Vans) would be great. Oh a nice pen would be good too. Other than that everything's good. I'm not sick, I'm loosing weight not gaining. I weighed 195 when I got here and I weigh around 184 or 185 now. It sounds like everything was okay this past week in Alabama. I forgot my camera cable so pictures will be up later today, or next week! Give referrals to the sisters. The Gospel is for everyone and I know they want to teach someone that will listen. Tell everyone that I miss them and that I hope everything is going well! Only two more weeks and then Peru Comes. Its been a month tomorrow. I can't believe it. Its really flown by. I'm always busy so that's probably why. I miss and love you all. 

-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment