3/7/2016

3.07.2016

Hola Familia,

Well it seems like you guys have had quite a great week up there in Alabama. I think it's great that you guys are finally recovering from all the colds you've been having!

Down here in Lima Peru the work is progressing and things are looking good. This week was full of teaching, contacting and getting to know the investigators that the other members of the zone are teaching. It's really cool to be able to teach all the people here in the zone and get to know them and see how they progress and stuff. You do have to sacrifice a lot of your own personal time in your own area, but you get to see the work progress in all the others. It's amazing.

So, I have some amazing news! 1 year and 2 months ago, Elder Pastenes and I baptized an 19 year old girl named Ruby. This last Sunday I went back to my first ward to do some interviews with investigators that the elders have up there and I saw her and asked her how she is doing. She tells me, "Well, this Tuesday I'm leaving to go on my mission to Arequipa, Peru!" I was just overcome with joy and happiness to see one of my converts progress and then go on a mission! She received her call about 2 months ago, and she's leaving tomorrow. I think that's so awesome. I think experiences like these help me to understand how our Heavenly Father feels when we progress and achieve important things in our lives- like baptism, the mission, temple, and temple marriage. It just makes you feel happy, and it doesn't go away! That was definitely the highlight of my week!

Well we're still working with our investigator. He's progressing, but still needs a lot of help. Losing an addiction can be tough, but it's definitely worth it. So keep praying and I know he'll get baptized this month.

Love you guys a lot!
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment