3/28/2016

3.28.2016

Hola Familia,

You guys have had quite a great, busy Easter week last week! I think it's awesome that you guys were able to do that cool Easter stuff! Here in Peru there are chocolate eggs and the Easter bunny, but the majority of people don't do that. Rather the people dance around crosses and get drunk. It's really different, but hey it's their culture, and in my opinion, some cultures are false traditions of their father and need to be stopped! Why? Because you can't go into the Kingdom of God drinking a Buena Chela. (Slang for Beer) Cry all you want, you just can't! God doesn't allow it. If our will is not in line with the will of the Lord, we need to be humble and change so that its in agreement with that of the Lord's. That's why some traditions need to be stopped or changed.

It's sad to hear about what happened to Brother Dearden. I'm glad to hear that he was able to get to the hospital in time to have the doctor treat him. He will be in my prayers. I hope the his home teachers go and visit him, if they haven't already.

I don't have changes! Looks like I'll be staying here in Independencia for another change! However my companion is leaving and I''m getting a new companion! It's an elder named Elder Lopez. He's from Guayaquil, Ecuador. He's got only a month and a half less than me so it should be super awesome!

Everything is going good! We found a whole bunch of new people to teach and I'm really excited for this week! We found a few more families and I hope everything goes super well.

I'm not sick and I'm happy! I only have 3 changes left in the mission, or 18 weeks. Time really flies- like what the heck!!! I feel like I just started yesterday. I'm just gonna work super hard anyway!

Love you guys a ton!
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment