11/10/2014

11.10.2014





Elder Wilson's most recent translated letter-

Whats Up?! So this last week was excellent! The baptismal service is going to be this week now, and the zone will have a huge baptismal service with all the families in the zone! We will have 4 people from our area and the zone will have about 15 people going to be baptized! How awesome! I am very happy, excited and grateful for that!
The work of the Lord is progressing!  This past Saturday we had a Marriage! I put photos in the Dropbox of the marriage! The marriage was great! The peruvian culture, about marriage, is very similar to the United States, but with some different things. Many food, drinks, dancing, and happy feelings! As always, we had many lessons and met many people in the past week. My companion and I are working very hard for our investigators to receive testimony that this gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is true. The people of Peru are very sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and when a person feels that Message it brings feelings of peace and happiness during the lesson and they want to learn more! It is very awesome!

So about my week personally, only the usual things. I saw a dog with rabies. Crazy man! The food was excellent! I had the opportunity to try a dish called Causa. This dish is the best!  There are photos of La Causa in the Dropbox. Take a Look!

Oh no changes for me with this transfer, so at least 6 more weeks here! I'm in Independencia. In the area Magnolias 2. The Magnolias Ward!

About Your questions, Baptisms will be this Saturday! A typical day for me is usually, I get up, I exercise, I shower, I have breakfast, and study the gospel and the 5 lessons, after my studies is lunch and after then this is proselytizing, we return to the house and we plan for the next day. This is my day usually. My Spanish is progressing, and I am teaching him English. The weather here is very hot right now. We live with members of the church, and we were told that the weather in the summer is terrible. Very hot. Oh well.....

I hope your week is going to be very good! Remember to say your prayers and read the scriptures every night!

With love and a big hug,
-Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment