First Letter

8.19.2014




Hola Familia!


The past week has been amazing, but extremely busy! Me and my companion have been teaching a great investigator. We're only allowed to teach him in Spanish, but the lessons are going really well for the amount of Spanish we can speak. We asked him to read The Book of Mormon, and go to church with us and he said yes! We teach him tomorrow. my companion and I are considering asking him to commit to baptism! The CCM is amazing, It´s a lot better than I thought it would be. The beds aren't too bad and the food is okay. I haven't gotten sick yet so that's always good. My district is awesome we all get along extremely well. We're all getting better and better at Spanish everyday and learning from each other. My first day here was pretty awkward, mostly because my companion didn't get here till almost 8 at night, and I had to stay with four other guys. The next day we met our district and had a bunch of orientation meetings with President Pratt. We met our spanish teacher that day too. His name is Hermano Armorando. He's a really good teacher and I've learned a lot from him. I can't wait to learn Spanish and finally get in the field. My desire to serve a mission has only increased since i got here, and my testimony has only done the same. I learned that my companion is a convert to the church and he joined the church last year!  He's an awesome example to me and I know that he is supposed to be my companion while I am here. Getting up early hasn't been as much of a challenge as I thought it would be, I've gotten up on time every day. I don't really understand why people said, "just make it till Sunday" because its been great since the first day! 
So about Mexico City. IT'S HUGE. As I was flying over the city all you could see was civilization and mountains. I saw the Mexico National Team stadium, I think it's called Azteca... but it was HUGE and there's a bull fighting arena right next to it. It was big too. There's a huge stone wall, not a fence, around the CCM, so Mom i'm safe. The culture here seems very latino from what i can hear going on outside. You can hear mariachi bands, people on loud speakers speaking spanish, and they shoot off Cannons every once in awhile to remember all the Catholic Saints and the Virgin Women or something like that. Overall I'm learning a lot, my testimony and desire is growing, and getting back into the flow of living by myself. I put some picture in the dropbox account. My companion is the one on the other side of the sisters closest to me.

Love you guys!
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment